Click here to see the EU ongoing calls
- Bridge - Building resilience to reduce polarisation and growing extremism
- CCI - Cutting crime impact: reducing the impact of criminality in local communities
- Democracy Cities
& Drugs II
- EU Street Violence
- IMPPULSE - Improving Police/Population Understanding for Urban Security
- Just & Safer Cities for All
- LIAISE 1 & 2 - Local institutions against extremism
- Local voices – Local communication strategies to prevent extremism
- LOUD - Local young leaders for inclusion
- MATCH-SPORT - Make Amateur Sport Tolerant Eliminating Racism and Discrimination
- MEDI@4SEC – The emerging role of social media in enhancing public security
- PACTESUR - Protecting cities allied against terrorism by securing urban areas
- PRACTICIES -
Partnership against Violent Radicalisation in Cities
- PREPARE - Preventing radicalisation through probation and release
- PROTECT – Public Resilience using TEchnology to Counter Terrorism
- Safer Drinking Scenes
- Security & Tourism
- Solidify – Supervised Drug ConsumptIon Facilities to Instill Harm Reduction and Social Cohesion at Local Levels
For European citizens, security is among the top motives for concern. Indeed, feelings of insecurity within the EU tend to increase, as shown by the December 2017 Eurobarometer ‘Europeans' attitudes towards security’ . Countering feelings of insecurity at local level is ...
From apps to social innovation... how to make the best use of information technologies in crime prevention and urban securityAugsburg, Germany, June 2019 – The new working group on Innovation & Security established in the wake of the Medi@4sec projet on the use of information technologies met on the occasion of Efus' General Assembly meeting, on 26 June in ...
During its General Assembly meeting held in Augsburg (DE) on 26 June 2019, Efus chose Nice (FR) as the host city of its 2020 “Security, Democracy and Cities” international conference. A key event in the network's life, the conference will ...
Drugs: final conference of the Solidify project 5-6 December 2019, Lisbon (Portugal) Co-hosted by Efus, the city of Lisbon, and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA) Supervised Drug Consumption Rooms (DCRs) have proved to be a safe way to ...
Paris, France, June 2019 – In the framework of the SOLIDIFY project, a group of representatives from 10 European cities made a two-day study visit in Paris (FR) on local harm reduction policies, on 17-18 June. They notably visited the … More
“The exchange of practices will enable the MATCH-SPORT partners to design more effective strategies to counter racism in amateur sport”
Efus has met with Miguel Pacheco, executive at the Division of Sports Projects of the Department of Physical Activities and Sports of the Lisbon City Council, to discuss the involvement of the Portuguese capital in the MATCH-SPORT project against racism … More
On the occasion of its General Assembly meeting held in Augsburg (DE) on 26 June 2019, the European Forum for Urban Security (Efus) adopted the Declaration of Augsburg, “Free, safe and just cities – a European success story and its … More
Cutting Crime Impact: what works and what does not work in European projects on the prevention of petty crime
As part of the Cutting Crime Impact (CCI) project, Efus analysed European projects aimed at preventing or reducing petty crime. What tools and solutions are most commonly recommended? What hinders their adoption by end users (law enforcement agencies and policy … More
Paris, June 2019 – The security of public spaces is an issue on which Efus and its members have long worked. Numerous projects are conducted on this theme by Efus member local authorities and through European projects that are either … More
The polarisation of society into antagonistic groups who refuse all those they consider as “other” is an increasingly pressing issue. This growing phenomenon, heightened by the rise of social media, poses a challenge to local authorities. Paris, June 2019 – … More