Efus invites you to the colloquium organised with the General Assembly meeting (Augsburg, 24-26 June) on “The Local Dimension of European Security Policies: Cities and Regions for Security and Democracy”. In the wake of the European parliamentary elections of 23-26 May, the meeting will gather representatives of the European Commission, the European Parliament, national governments and local authorities.
> The local dimension of European security policies: cities and regions for security and democracy
This event, held one month after the European parliament elections, will gather representatives of Efus member cities as well as magistrates, security professionals, delegates from European institutions, newly elected MEPs, and representatives of civil society.
It will be open to the public and will include discussions on the role of European cities and regions in designing and implementing European security policies.
There will be keynote and panel discussion with representatives of European, national, regional and local institutions.
There will be three Fishbowl Sessions on the following topics:
- Fishbowl 1: The EU and municipalities – towards the co-production of urban security
- Fishbowl 2: Polarisation, radicalisation and extremism – prevention and resilience
- Fishbowl 3: Just & Safe Public Spaces – improving public security for all
All the sessions will be interactive in order to facilitate exchanges between the speakers and the audience.
> General Assembly meeting: field visits, working groups and review of the activities
Efus’ General Assembly meeting (members only) will review the activities of the previous year and prospects for the current year, prior to electing the Executive Committee.
The host city of Augsburg will organise three field visits on the following topics:
- the management of urban conflicts linked to drug and addictions (BeTreff centre and Helmut-Haller Platz)
- the prevention of radicalisation and resilience (HEROES Augsburg)
- security at Augsburg’s WWK Arena football stadium.
Furthermore, on the occasion of the AGM, Efus will organise meetings of three of its working groups: “Just and Safer Cities for All” (on the prevention of discriminatory violence), “Security & Innovation” (on technologies and security), and “Security in Public Spaces” :